Suspended License Lawyer in Winston-Salem, NC

If you are stopped while driving without a license or on a revoked/suspended license, you can face serious penalties. The consequences vary significantly based on the circumstances of the incident, but in any case, you should consult with a suspended license lawyer. At B. Jeffrey Wood, Attorney at Law, we represent drivers who have been cited or arrested for operating a motor vehicle without a valid license. Our attorneys possess over 80 years of combined experience and they put their knowledge to work on every case. We assist drivers in Winston-Salem, NC and the surrounding areas.

Committed to Excellence

Driving Without a License: Laws & Penalties

In most cases, driving without a license is considered a traffic infraction and not a criminal charge. If you get an NOL infraction, you are looking at a fine of up to $100. You may also get 3 points added to your driving record. 


However, some circumstances can lead to you being charged with a Class 3 misdemeanor, including:

  • Driving without ever having a driver’s license issued to you
  • Failing to comply with your driver’s license restrictions after another conviction
  • Allowing someone who doesn’t have a license to drive your vehicle

If you are charged with a Class 3 misdemeanor, you will be facing fines up to $200 and a jail sentence up to 20 days. 


Under these circumstances, you may be charged with a Class 2 misdemeanor:

  • Driving with a revoked license
  • Driving with a suspended license
  • Driving with a fake license

A class 2 misdemeanor conviction will result in a fine up to $1,000 and a jail sentence up to 60 days. It is possible to be charged with a Class 1 misdemeanor if you are caught driving after your license was suspended following a DWI (driving while intoxicated) conviction. 

woman driving car winston salem nc

Get Represented by a Driver’s License Lawyer

Want to speak with a qualified suspended license lawyer? Our traffic attorneys would be happy to assess your case and offer you some guidance on how you should proceed. Call (336) 722-5700 or fill out our online contact form below to get started.